Lyall Street is quite a busy road with traffic going one way from north to south.
It was built on land which formed part of the Lowndes estate. One of the trustees of that estate at the time was Charles Lyall, who gave his name to Charles Street and Lyall Street.
On the east side of the street there are imposing houses on either side of the entrance to Eaton Mews.
No. 9 is particularly imposing, with a wide frontage on three floors. In fact, it is so wide that there are six windows at each floor level.
Many of the houses have pretty window boxes.
The street was laid out in the late 1830s and Thomas Cubitt was involved in the development that the majority of the buildings were not finished until after his death in 1855.
Cubitt was based at Nos. 3 and 4 for the last few years of his life.